Translating science into business results.
Speaking Science® Seminars
Speaking Science® with PowerPoint®
Five tips for creating more effective slides for your next presentation.
When PowerPoint slides are designed well, they can enhance a speaker’s message. Done poorly, however, good work and the message can both be lost.
In this one-hour seminar, you will learn five basic ideas that you can use immediately to prepare clear, to-the-point slides that showcase your data and help get your message across during your next presentation.
You will learn how to transform your slides by:
- Converting them from a series of presenter’s notes to effective visuals.
- Removing visual clutter to effectively communicate technically heavy information and emphasize your main points.
- Replacing dull and uninteresting bullet points with something your audience wants to pay attention to.
Speaking Science® with Your Audience in Mind
Five practical approaches for preparing your next technical presentation
You have done a lot of good technical work and now it’s time to present it. How do you make the presentation a good one? How does a conversation over coffee or reading kids stories sound? Unorthodox? Maybe. Effective? Definitely.
In this one-hour seminar, you will learn a series of practical and sometimes unorthodox approaches that speak with your audience in mind. These approaches will help you prepare and deliver a presentation with a clear message.
You will learn how to be a more effective presenter by:
- Organizing and visualizing the details and nuances of your work to help create the content for your presentation.
- Applying the Coffee Talk Method to understand how your takeaways and supporting points are heard by your audience.
- Using simple techniques of non-verbal communication that enhance your credibility and instill your audience’s confidence in you.
Speaking Science® with Investors: The Elevator Pitch
5½ Essentials for nailing your elevator pitch
Summarizing your technology quickly and be confident your audience gets it and wants to know more can be quite a challenge. How about if you are trying to get an investor’s attention and you only have three minutes or less? How do you get their attention and keep it? What do you say and what information do you leave for later?
In this seminar, you will learn how to “turn a dissertation into a tweet” by:
- Grabbing your audience’s attention right away and keeping it
- Clearly and succinctly describing your technology and its business potential
- Using the power of non-verbal communication to connect with your audience
Speaking Science® Workshops
Do you have a group in your organization who could benefit from a few essential pointers on presentation or some practice? Are you grooming the next generation of leaders in your organization?
If so, then Nick can design a customized Speaking Science® Workshop that couples the insights from the Speaking Science® Seminars with an opportunity to make the insight stick by rolling-up your sleeves and practicing.
Invite Nick to deliver a seminar or design a workshop for your organization.